domingo, 4 de octubre de 2009

Escape

I sat on the desk, looking out the window to the street down below.
For all the anger I had in me, I could do nothing more that hold it in.

It consumed me slowly, eating up all my sanity, little by little, and I hoped I would die there so I wouldn't have to listen to my own shouting any more.

Of course it didn't happen. But I was glad it was so. I had started to hear the piano and the harp play again. The high notes they played made a beautiful tune that lightened up my heart.

I decided the only way to survive this was to create another me, that would protect the real me inside me. It would be there to stare blankly at whoever asked me any more personal questions that had answers only I could understand the importance of.

And there he was, sitting right in front of me, on the opposite desk. But to my suprise, he was not at all as I had imagined him to be. He smiled at me encouragingly, as if there was something meant for me to do. Then I realised, he was not there to substitute me, but to support me.

We both jumped down from our tables and walked towards the classroom door. We danced down the empty school passages, running whenever we heard steps. It was the first time I had ever had fun in school. I wondered for a second if I had gone crazy, admiting the existence of another me. But every time I looked at him, the evidence that he was not at all as I new myself grew and grew.

That day I did something I think no one has ever done before. I jumped out a window.
We were climbing up the stairs when we thought how fantastic it would be to feel the wind on our skin, whithout having the earth under our feet. To cease to be tied to anything material, to stop being a part of this human world we loved and hated so much at the same time.

The stairs that led to the last floor wound up and up, the top seeming unreachable, but somehow we got there, jumoing stairs three at a time. The harp and the piano never stopped playing, a violin had decided to join in. And there it was, nearer at evvery step, glass transparency inviting us to another reality we had only ever dreamed of.

And it was open.

And we were flying. Spiraling down into oblivion. Life flying past us at the most incredible speed.

The ground reached out to us. And we pushed it away with all our will power, soaring into the sky. Out of reach of the darkness that pursued us. We went into the sun, and we didn't get burnt.

At night the stars shone so that we would never lose our way, and the silvery path we followed led us to a long lost forest in the middle of nowhere.

We smashed back down into the lake that was it's heart, our souls renewed, our lives free.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario